Desktop research, benchmarking, surveys, prototyping
Signaturit is a platform that offers digital signature and certification solutions with legal validity and seeks to improve productivity and reduce costs in companies by promoting the paperless mindset (since the analogical signature and certification process is expensive and unsustainable).
After detecting that the CSAT on the speed of the platform had a very low value, an investigation was launched to discover what made users perceive the tool as slow.
Then, after mapping all the intermediate steps between screens, we discovered that there was a serious case where the user proceeds to upload one or several files, but neither the beginning, nor the progress, nor the end of the process is indicated. This, together with the number of documents that users can upload or their size, the perception of the loading time was incredibly affected.
On the other hand, we detected that there was no established pattern when it came to showing loading screens; some showed an illustration, others showed a Lottie File, others showed a Material UI component, all due to the technical and design debt that had been generated in the teams.
We know that any changes we made at this point were going to be positive. However, it was decided to propose a map of releases in order to scale the proposed solutions.
In a first phase of analysis, we made a map of all the load indicators that were being used in the application (specifically, we found 5 different patterns).
Subsequently, we proceeded to make the proposals to validate.
We consider that, at the point where we found ourselves, none of the solutions we were using met the expectations of usability, accessibility and scalability that the product needed.
We decided to try to standardize a new proposal that would allow us to reduce debt technical, the load of decisions by design, and offer more context to users:
We plan to test this in an incremental way; We wanted to offer the highest value with the lowest cost and resources, in this case a spinner with a personalized text for the use case.
If thanks to the tests with users we detected that the perception of the loading time was reduced, we would know that we were on the right track for a new iteration, adding illustrations.
We can analyze the impact from two points of view:
As previously mentioned, the idea is to scale the concept to different use cases, providing not only contextual information in text, but also in a visual format, with illustrations.
To do this, work is being done on the creation of a UX writing and visual database, to have all the possible variables mapped and to be able to address changes in a more precise way in this design pattern that, although it may not seem like it and sometimes falls forgotten, is incredibly important, and adds so much value to the business.